5.08.2010

My Mom

Dear Mom,
I know we have our differences. I know we argue a lot, and I am not always the ideal daughter... but even in that, you recognize the few ideal traits I have, and look at me with those.
I know I can be a pain at times, and I know sometimes you probably don't want to deal with me... but you do.
Even though we can be at each other's throats for days at a time, I still look at you, and have a big relief in my heart when I am reminded that our relationship is unique.
Most girls run and tell their best friend about the boy she met. Most girls run and talk to their best friend when they have a broken heart. And usually, most girls would sneak past their mom to go out with their best friend at night...
I am fortunate enough to say that you ARE my best friend in that respect, and I love that I can trust you that much.
Happy Mothers Day Mommy!!!

2 comments:

  1. awww sami that is so sweet... I know that your mom is my best friend too... Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you to! BTW I think you ARE the ideal daughter... even when I want to go ninja on you :) I am glad that I can be there for you and I wouldn't change a thing! I love you "sunshine".

    ReplyDelete