1.31.2009

&life;

I have found that life can be an extremely tough battle. It can be hard to fight, and even harder to win. I live right now, in the bible belt. Middle of nowhere Tennessee. This makes it extremely hard to find people (especially teens) who are open to the IDEAS I am, and open minded and willing to accept me.
If you know me, you know I am a practicing Wiccan. My mom is a reverend of Wicca and it is what I have been raised with. I never thought it would be such an issue until I moved here. I have always been open, and people never know I am Wiccan until I say something.
At the school I am at, people hide these things. If you are gay, you don't say it. You only date within your race, and you are either Christian or Satanic. It is very hard for me here. OF COURSE I am not Satanic. I don't even believe in Satan, but here it is just easier to say I am Christian.
WELL... I found a loophole. What I say now (without lying) is that I go to church in Knoxville, I think Jesus Christ was a remarkable human being, and God is a major part of my life. Now I can HAPPILY fit in as far as religion goes.
Now, dating inside your race? OK... If you know me, I have never dated a white guy. I have never even been interested in a white guy... WELL... I also found the loophole. HAHA... He is my love... I never thought I would be with a white boyfriend... but it happened.
Now about the gay thing. I am not gay, but alot of my closest friends are. I have always been raised in an open household, so racist, prejudice people will always annoy me... BUT I guess I am adjusting OK considering...

No comments:

Post a Comment