9.26.2012

Alice

So, by far, the hardest funeral I have ever attended was this evening. Mamaw Alice, as we called her, passed away pretty unexpectedly.
I can't go into all that Alice meant to me, because I am still overly emotional. But let me wrap it as tightly as possible: Alice paid for me to have a yearbook my senior year of high school, took care of all of my prom expenses (except my dress)... and paid for my cap and gown for graduation. She opened her home to me when I was living out of my car... she invited me to spend holidays with her family, blessed us with her amazing daughter, Christy, which I know I have blogged about, and held me while I cried so many times. Now, when I could use her loving arms the most, she is not here to hold me... What made everything harder was seeing Christy. Everytime I saw her heart breaking, mine fell a little more apart. Everytime she squeezed my hand, I wanted to take the pain away. I love them. I hope she knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment