12.15.2012

Art work time...

So, a lot of you know my best friend lives VERY far from me. A few states away... but here is something amazing... We get to spend the first week of January together. I am so excited... We are gonna celebrate a slightly belated Christmas... and when I asked what she wanted from me, she was quick to describe an oil pastel mermaid on a canvas, with wild hair, and some feminine sex appeal... large enough to hang over her bed in her house...
This is the 3rd piece of art I have completed for her... So far, this is the rough idea I have of what I'm doing.  When done in pastel, she will have wild blonde hair with little bits of pink. Her fin, still not certain... and she will be surrounded by jellyfish.
When I first started sketching ideas, she had big round eyes, to indicate innocence... and while that is definitely symbolic of my best friend, those of us who know her can attest to her misleading innocent look... She also originally had a more revealing bust, but I decided to re-position the arm, once again, misleading innocence in the portrait.
When my younger cousin saw it, she said she looked like a stripper, so I may or may not keep the pose if a 14 year old girl thinks it looks like a stripper... Nothing wrong with strippers, trust me, I love some stripper time! But, in all honestly, I want the innocence to balance with the sex appeal... more evolution of this project to come <3 br="br">

No comments:

Post a Comment