12.14.2012

Today's Tragedy

The tragedy today, of course affected me emotionally. As most of you know, I lost a pregnancy in 2011... and it was rather traumatic. But, over the last year or so, I really have bonded with my best friend's kids... and her daughter I consider to be my niece... and quite frankly, I know with everything  in my heart, if it ever came down to it, I would gladly have her in my home any time, any circumstances... she always has a safe place here... She is in 5th grade... and the whole day, watching the news, all I could think about was hugging her, while tears streamed down my face...
It has been a really sad day for the nation... and it makes me scared for the future... but also gives me hope when I see the nation react this way... with love, empathy, and condolence. <3 p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment