4.06.2009

♥ minister //

I have gone through MANY things I want to do...
but all my ideas lacked ONE of the things I want in a job...
My biggest passions:
Helping people
Performing
Reaching out to children
Keeping sense of faith
Music
and a constant love, and acceptance from the people around you...

OK... So... I thought of acting...
But, I may not be able to get into that... Not only is it competitive, but it also tests one's morals, and it has a lot of hatred from competitors.

Then Psychology...
But... that takes away from my performing....

So I thought teacher...
but in the schools now, I can't express my faith, and be accepted in a primarily christian society...

So I thought and thought...
and POOF...
I have it///
I want to be a minister for unity...
the beliefs are right with mine,
I love praying with the group
and leading service was a major highlight for me...
=)

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick comment. You say you want "a constant love, and acceptance from the people around you."

    One wants to be loved and accepted for who one is inside, and yet that really only happens when people get to know you closely. You will meet those who will accept you at face value and say they love you - but if they don't really know you, their acceptance and love doesn't really have as deep a value. I could say to a stranger off the street that I love them and accept them, but such would cheapen those words and change their meaning. Acceptance becomes, in such a scenario, redefined as tolerance and love is redefined as compassion.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is - don't settle for automatic acceptance and love. See suspicion, rejection and animosity as natural protective measures people put up to shield their hearts from pain. You may find that your best friends and kindred spirits first start off on less than amiable terms.

    And what's more - when you accept and love someone, it will mean more if such love and acceptance is built upon shared values which you treasure.

    I would think that you can do *anything* you want to do and even if at first you are not surrounded by those who love and accept you - you soon find you have earned their love and acceptance. And those who don't? That's their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... i believe that we all have the power to LOVE eachother on deep levels, without becoming TOO close. I am quite intuitive, and I cry when I watch the news... and as a 16 year old, if I can have that level of love, I am sure, people will feel the energy I send out to them... especially in such a spiritual place

    ReplyDelete