3.22.2009

♥ weeks //

OK... it seems like I have not posted in a year... So I have a lot to write about... FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!!!

RALLY!!!!

OK... It started Thursday, after school. We took a trip down to Atlanta... where we had an intro/lock-in... It was sorta fun... then we got on the bus, and it didn't seem like 10 hrs, but it was FUN!!!

So... Friday, we arrive at rally at about 4. We got our awesome shirts, secret pals, and name tags... Then we had dinner. The salmon... AHHH.... mouth watering... I unpacked, and got to know my cabin-mates, which BY THE WAY... are AWESOME!! I got a good set of words from a friend at the first "meet-n-greet." It meant a lot...


Then... SATURDAY!!!
Morning Meditation... SOO relaxing... It was out on the dock... absolutely eye opening... we watched the sunrise over the lake... Then breakfast came... which was OK... After breakfast, we went to the morning workshop... Time seemed to not exist... it was magical.

Then we met our family groups. Mine was awesome... I felt immediately comfortable... we left with our family group to lunch, where I met up with buddies. We then moved to zone meetings, where we elected zone leaders... Peter... congrats...

Free Time came along, and "Huh-bam" the swimming pool was COLD as FROG... it was still fun. I also took time to have a nice, long, warm shower... It was relaxing... which I then used as a stepping stone into getting ready for the formal ceremony... =) It was quite the experience...

SUNDAY... =(
It was temporary goodbye... but still goodbye none the less... though Robin's workshop was AMAZING. We had one last family group... and I cried, as did the rest of the group. It was intense... but happy in the end...

Overall... Rally was life changing... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment