10.09.2012

A person That Empowers Me

THANKS ELLE FOR THIS IDEA!!!

Well... I feel like though I would love to write al about a single person that inspires me, I want to tell you about PEOPLE that inspire me:

  1. Amy Steinberg-  You all should have expected this one.... Let me start with saying that Amy inspires me in so many ways. One way she inspires me is with her music... Have you ever sat in a hot tub, and the warmth of the tub relaxes you, the jets massage your body, and the little bubbles tickle your skin and leave goosebumps down your back... the steam slows your breathing... and the sound calms your mind? That is sort of what I feel when I listen to Amy's music... the sound of her soul spilling out is the warmth that relaxes me... and the message and lyrics are what give me the goosebumps... the melody calms my mind... and the beat calms my breathing.
    Another way she inspires me is with her presence... Do you ever go around somebody, and just know you are wanted there... That's how I feel every single time I get to see Amy...
    Sometimes when I feel like I just cant go on... I listen to "Hope" or "Always" And I am empowered...
  2. Christy Carpenter-  Well... Here is the thing about this amazing woman. She is like a ray of Sunshine walking around everywhere. She can be sick, laying in bed, in the frumpiest clothes, or crying her eyes out feeling sadness... but the moment somebody else needs her love... she forgets all of her troubles to be helpful. She helped me through High School to be quite honest. Her loving compassion reminded me every day that somebody cared for me... somebody wanted me to be something. I could then, and still always can swing by her house... even if it's just to get a hug, or to cry on a shoulder... She went out of her way to help me so many times... I could never thank her enough... the only thing I HOPE I can do is be half as compassionate as she is. And I know, when I need some sort of reassurance... I can always just giver her a ring... and feel empowered again.
  3. DeeDee Love-  Well, she is my best friend after all... but honestly... I have never met a stronger woman in my life. She is a mountain... the weather will condition her... but good luck knocking her down... She is loving... DEEPLY loving... and will lift you up in many ways. Her voice, for one.. and her music... can bring me to tears. She moves my soul with her humor... and her laugh brings warmth to my heart. I can call her when I am feeling like SHIT... and you better believe she will have me laughing my little heart out... She is inspirational on so many levels... She empowers me by being somebody who I can learn from. Her strength and wisdom are remarkable. Her Light shines through, and her smile is contagious. And you can never leave her presence feeling less than amazing...
  4. Susan Clancy-  Or, as I call her, Shoesy Pants. This vibrant red headed gypsy spirit has taken my world and turned it into a playground so many times. My world can feel crushed and shattered... I can be broke, I can be afraid... and somehow, Susan has taught me to find the spark of excitement in every single day... she keeps me from falling into a lifeless pit of doom... and for this, I am a better person.
  5. Lisa Mueller-  Or as I call her... Liserrrrr. Lisa empowers me in multiple ways... She is fun and optimistic. She rarely complains... and she can laugh when she doesn't want to. She stays clear of drama... and is always looking out. She can overlook flaws... and admire great things. She is beautiful inside, and out... but would never in a million years call herself better than you. She has her shit together... and even if she has a moment of struggle... she never makes it known... her optimism shines through... and she thinks before she acts. She is amazing... and every time I leave after being around her... that's exactly how I feel, too.
I believe thats my list for the moment. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky young lady you are, Sami! I love your list!!

    ReplyDelete