2.20.2009

♥ philosophy //

I have been deep in thought lately about religion. I vaguely recall a teacher once telling me I should be a philosopher. I was talking to Jeanne today and she said I have "an old, wise soul". This made me think. I have always bee insightful.
I wanted to type out a few thoughts.
Romance
Romance is hard to understand. Before you can create a relationship that will last with somebody ELSE, you first must create one that will last with yourself. By this I mean... You must love yourself. It is challenging, but do not change for society's "ideals." Change for YOU... to be a HAPPY you... and when you love yourself, THEN find somebody who loves you... but ONLY if they love the you that you love...
Happiness
Happiness is TRULY a choice. I never believed it was true until recently. I now feel that a fake smile, and an inner monologue can cure sadness. Lets say, your boyfriend leaves you for another girl... and you are sad and angry. You can first fake a smile... then give yourself an internal monologue. By this I mean TELL yourself WHY you should be smiling.
(ie. "I am happy I found out now. I can move on with my life, instead of staying with an unfaithful person. I can find somebody worth my time. I AM worth somebodies time")
You must avoid the negative thoughts... eventually, that thought will become genuine happiness, which will then become confidence.
Also, I believe we choose without realizing it... that we WON'T have childlike happiness. As if it is wrong to smile when you blow bubbles. I keep a small journal, and I write little simple things that I smile at each day... for example... today I wrote... "Marshmallows in hot chocolate, Reeces, and grass with little seeds." because I enjoyed those things today.
We must remind ourselves that society sets standards based on trends... and we can not let our individuality, and beliefs sink into trend. There is nothing wrong with naming stuffed animals, and smiling when you see flowers. There is nothing wrong with pointing out constellations, and calling out shapes in clouds. The ONLY thing wrong with it, is that our society shuns it. It is our job as a new generation to make HAPPINESS a trend.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff. There's always something to smile about. Finding people who can see the positive in any given situation is rare. We are conditioned from the earliest ages to see things in degrees of good or bad, never in total balance.

    ReplyDelete