2.27.2009

♥ parents //

My parents are arguing. I hate it when they do. It's always because my mom stands up for me when my dad is just being an ass... Today I really feel bad about it though... I don't think I did anything wrong... BUT... I FEEL like I did. My dad just got pissed, and walked out and drove off. He has such a temper... but the worst he does is yell. I think Mom is embarrassed... because we are in her mom and aunt's home... and she gets embarrassed when her family acts out...
All the little kids in the house were arguing... and the old remote is missing... SO, my mom told my brothers and cousin to look for it... I cam in a few minutes later, and mom asked me to help. I said "Maybe we should ask Kris, because he keeps it on his bed." Kris was not in the room at the time, but my dad just went ballistic and was all "Just find the fucking remote... quit trying to blame people... he had it, she had it"
And then I started to cry. And he was just like "Oh REAL mature. 'I had a bad day so I'm gonna go and throw a fit and cry'" So... My mom interrupted and told him he was being really unfair and that I didn't do anything... and so he didn't say anything... and he just left... I sort of feel like it was my fault. If I wouldn't have said anything, and if I wouldn't have started crying, none of this would have happened...
=(

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about crying. You did nothing wrong. Now if you had hid the remote on purpose or something...that would be a reason to feel guilty. The workplace sucks right now, almost everywhere, and so your dad is just letting off steam. If you apologize later, the odds are he will feel guilty for over-reacting. Yes, you probably have your mom's embarassment pegged. Go ahead and apologize to her too, since it makes things tougher when she has to act as the buffer. Basically, don't sweat it. These are more of those little blow-ups that are becoming more common everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stress is handled in many difffernt ways. Your parents are doing the best that they can and they LOVE you! Be patient. We are all led by our emotions. Take a deep breath and repeat my mantra!!!

    ReplyDelete