6.02.2009

Teachers Pet


That's a good name for me. It really is. I went in to hang out with my teachers 10 year old today. She is, as previously mentioned, adorable.
Well... today, we made jewelry, sculptors, listened to music, and acted like secret agents. It was PURE amazingness. I love being around her because she is so well behaved... she is mature, and opinionated... what a great kid.
She looks up to me... EEK... and she is keeping my inner child alive and well... We acted like TOTAL goofballs all day. I <3 being a role model!

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with being a teacher's pet!I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a teacher's pet too - well at least when I was in the 5th grade. I was always organizing the books and the games. That teacher moved away after 5th grade after budget cuts. The school lost a great teacher. Also my 7th grade and Freshman English teacher loved me when I was in their classes and I was their 'pet' as well.

    It's easy to become a teacher's pet when one likes the teacher. There may be some teacher's pets that don't discriminate between teachers. But it's usually that mutual respect thing that happens. As a student one recongizes the teachers who seem to care just a bit more and they recognize the students that seem to care a bit more - so one naturally does just a little better and tries just a bit harder for those teachers - and vice versa. In an ideal world all students would be teacher's pets and share that better relationship with their teachers.

    My philosophy is that there are no strangers. Those folks we hit it off with, regardless of age, we may have known many times before in all sorts of circumstances.

    Our inner voice is very good at discriminating. It chooses who we let into our lives and who we keep at arm's distance.

    ReplyDelete