6.01.2009

Insight of a ten year old

I had a lot of time to spend with Elle today. She is adorable. We made sculptures with hot-glue, and bracelets, and keychains, and a bunch of other stuff. We also spoke while her mom was out getting us lunch. We began talking religion, and OHMYGOSH! She is 10, and she is SO insightful. I was amazed at all that she said. She just tore down into it, and finally told me "I just don't believe there is really a place 'down there' that God would send you if you sin."
I was immediately attatched to the conversation as I had no belief of this place either... ever... =)
She proceeded to tell me how she does not know what to believe... and she has been told what is right... but never really been able to decide for herself. I was purely AMAZED.
She said "Well, everyone else says Jesus died for our sins, so maybe thats right... but we have no way of knowing..." I nodded as she continued with "If only we could go back in time, to see what God really did."
This made me realize she acknowledges GOD as a person... or a being. She is such an amazing girl... and oh my... her mom better buy a gun...
She got the smarts... the looks... and the sense of humor. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment