5.15.2009

♥ commit //

I realized how proud I am. My last post was post # 100, and I feel so happy that I have stuck to an outlet this long. =) Things are really starting to go my way. Tonight me and my parents went to a drum circle, and played for a little over an hour, then walked outside in the BEAUTIFUL hills covered in fog. It was GORGEOUS.
Last night, we went to the play at school, and I will be going again tomorrow for a few reasons... one is my grandmother.
Mrs. Ridley and her amazing kids will be there. I was helping her today (if not, she may have lost her mind.) So I was helping her into her truck with Elle and Gavin, her kids, and I told her how awesome they are... and she said "My kids are great, I am so lucky," and I looked at her, and 'quiet little me' says in a sort of 'duh' voice "Great kids are a result of great parents."
I didn't even think about it as a compliment when it was said.. and then I went home, and realized that I definitely complimented her, but it was a very HONEST thing to say, because it was truth. =)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th!

    I'm sure she appreciated the comment and it is definitely true as far as it goes. Most parents have a huge input on a child, especially during the first 12 years or so, and can shelter them from some of the worst stuff until they are old enough to deal with the world, and it's many facets, on their own with their own mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... Lucky for her children, she is quite blunt, and she is still emotionally supportive. I feel that her kids are EXTREMELY lucky.

    ReplyDelete