5.20.2009

ɯǝod

I wrote this a long time ago, but felt myself go through those stages today... SO... here it is.

Oh God, are you home?
I knock, but nobody answers.

When I am feeling so alone,
Dear God, smile on me!

Oh God, are you there?
I call, but get a busy tone.

When I sit at home and stare,
Dear God, smile on me!

Oh God, who are you?
I look, but the name tag is blank.

When I bend to tie my shoe
Dear God, smile on me?

Oh God, I'm going to sleep
I give up, you don't exist.

When I smile, and when I weep
Dear God, smile on me.

Oh God, you are around
I heard from you last night

When I could hear no sound
Dear God, you smiled on me.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very nice poem. It conveys what I'm sure many people feel.

    Whenever I want to see how God looks, I just look around me - at everyone and everything - or just look in a mirror - or read a blog like this one. ;-)

    I'll never get to see God in totality, only many little parts of God that make up the greater, infinite whole.

    ReplyDelete