5.29.2009

I want a tattoo


OK. I have been thinking on tattoos.. and for a while, I decided against getting any. Recently... I have decided, I REALLY want a dragonfly on my foot.
My Aunt Chris, who passed away last year, LOVED dragonflies... and everytime I see one... no matter where or when it is, I think of her...
Before she died... I didn't see her much... but I remember her, and I loved her... I still love her.
I have been in a dragonfly mood, and I have had dreams about her, and memories.
It's a sign, of some sort.

3 comments:

  1. I have also been thinking about getting a tattoo...my second. It's amazing really. Make sure it is what you want, get it drawn, and sit on it for 3-6 months, then if you still wnat it..go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tattoos are pretty permanent. And while they are somewhat in vogue today, just like navel piercings, there will probably come a time when it reverts to its old rep of being found on sailors and...whatever else was included in that stereotype. If it were me debating, I would paint a beautiful dragonfly on a t-shirt and then I could wear it whenever I feel like it - and take it off when I don't. ;-) At this age, one changes ones mind so fast, that 'permanent' decisions are best saved for later when one is more fully formed.

    Just my 10 cents. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would not be getting it until my 18th birthday, which gives me a year to think on it... and my dad would be the one taking me to get it done, because he is a tattoo person, and knows where to go, and who to trust. =)

    ReplyDelete