5.02.2009

♥ seasons //









Season is a very difficult word to define. I could be speaking of the 4 seasons, or the seasons of life. I am thinking right now... just as the time of year, I am in my life's spring. I am coming into new things and finding myself. I am blooming into the person I am going to be, and in the near future, things are looking good. Maybe a little rain on my parade here and there.
OK
Yesterday marked six months of living in TN. It's not really an accomplishment... but, it sort of is. I mean, that's half a year I survived. I moved here in mid fall, and now it is mid spring. It fit too.
Fall, I was feeling like all the things I worked for were just floating away... Like leaves falling from trees... I floated away from my safety zone, and left for good.
Then winter came. We took in my cousin, and I kept to myself basically. Sort of like animals retreating to there burrow to hide from the cold... I wanted nothing to do with this place.
Now it is spring... and I am ready to come out of this burrow, and greet the world with a smile... I am fully rested, and can't wait to be in this season.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Reading that was a joy.

    You've got a great mindset. And that's what's really important isn't it? At some point we realize life is our mind interfacing with our surroundings. You could be in Alaska or Afghanistan and it would be *your mind* that carries you through any environment and masters each thing that confronts you. *Any place* can be the most beautiful place on Earth. It doesn't matter if we are completely alone or in a crowd of strangers, friends or family - we make it such with the right mindset. We shape the world around us with our thoughts.

    When I look at your pictures I see that same process happening. You capture some of that wonder and the pictures carry it too - a bit of your positive mindset. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete